I love nerds candy. I love the original as well as the Nerds clusters. This "recipe" is nerds candy mixed with melted confectionery coating or chocolate, piped BACK into the box, and then add a stick. That's seriously this whole idea. I'll put more details below!
I used Valentine's day nerds candy but you could use the original rainbow or any other flavor variety!
- your favorite nerds candy in the fun sized boxes
- white candy coating (I like the Ghirardelli or Hobby Lobby brand)
See recipe card for quantities.
- Melt the white candy coating in a microwave until fluid, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Stir Nerds candy into melted white candy coating
- pour mix into a piping bag
- cut the tip off of the piping bag, making the hole large enough that the Nerds candy can easily pass through without getting stuck
- Pipe the candy back into the Nerds boxes, filling to the top
- place an extra long lollipop stick in the middle of the box
- put nerds candy boxes VERTICALLY (you don't want them to spill!) in the fridge until hardened, about 20 minutes
- remove from fridge. peel off nerds candy box. enjoy!
FAQ about nerds candy!
While Nerds contain no gluten ingredients, they are processed in a facility that contains gluten, so they are not considered gluten-free.
Nerds candy are not certified vegan by any vegan certifying organization. The ingredients in nerds candy are: Sugar, Dextrose, Malic Acid, Corn Syrup Natural Flavors, Carnauba Wax, and Artificial Colors. While many of the ingredients may appear vegan at first, they have contain possible sources of animal by-products.
Nerds is an American candy launched in 1983 by the Sunmark Corporation under the brand name Willy Wonka Candy Company. Nerds are now made by the Ferrara Candy Company, a subsidiary of Ferrero Group.
Generally, it is best to consume hard candies within a year or two of the production date to ensure the best flavor and texture.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Nerds Candy Chocolate Pops
- 8 boxes fun sized nerds
- 1.25 cup white confectionery coating
- Empty 8 boxes of fun sized nerds into a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt white confectionery coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one.
- Stir nerds into fluid confectionery coating
- Put candy mix into piping bag. Cut the end off of the piping bag, leaving a large enough hole for the nerds candy to pass through.
- Pipe candy back into boxes. Place a lollipop stick in the box.
- Put boxes in fridge vertically (don't lay them down or the candy will run out) until candy hardens, about 20 minutes.
- Peel off box and enjoy!
Nerds candy chocolate pops! A handful of candy melts and your favorite nerds candy is all the ingredients you needs. Find the full recipe here: https://onesweetmama.com/nerds-candy-made-into-easy-chocolate-pops/ #nerdscandy #nerds #valentines #kidscooking @Nerds Candy♬ You've Never Had Chocolate Like This - Timothée Chalamet & The Cast of Wonka