Jolly ranchers + gelatin + air = jolly rancher marshmallows. If you've been following along the "Will it Marshmallow" series, you'll know how to make make marshmallows from gummies, along with things like: peach ring marshmallow rice crispy treats, gummy shark marshmallows, gummy bear marshmallows, and of course, peach ring marshmallows. The jolly ranchers melts into a syrup that you combine with gelatin to whip into marshmallows.
This jolly rancher marshmallows recipe is a basic recipe. I choose to use the all red Jolly Ranchers because I wanted a more uniform flavor and color. Using a mixed flavor bag of Jolly Ranchers will work, but may result in a dull brown color and generic fruity flavor.
- Unflavored gelatin
- Jolly Ranchers (you'll need 3, 13 ounce packs)
- powdered sugar if wanting to dust them post cutting
See recipe card for quantities.
Video Instructions for Jolly Rancher marshmallows
- Unwrap a ton of Jolly ranchers (three, 13 ounce bags)
- Put them in a medium sized pot over low heat.
- Bloom gelatin while the Jolly Ranchers are melting.
- Combine melted Jolly Ranchers and gelatin.
- Mix on high for 10 minutes in a 5 quart planetary mixer.
- Pour into a prepared pan and let sit for 12 hours, undisturbed.
- Cut into squares.
- Toss in powdered sugar.
Hint: melting the Jolly Ranchers takes around 20 minutes and should be done on low - medium heat. You do not want the mixture to boil. If you accidentally bring the mix to a boil, let it cool for 5 minutes before pouring it over the gelatin.
For these jolly rancher marshmallows, you'll need:
- medium sized pot
- planetary mixer with wire whisk attachment
- 8 x 8 baking pan (like one you make brownies in)
- parchment paper
- cooking spray
Store marshmallows in an airtight container. Shelf life is approximately 3 months.
Tossing these marshmallows in powdered sugar after cutting will keep them from sticking to each other.
Jolly Rancher Marshmallows Recipe
Jolly Rancher Marshmallows
- 8 x 8 square baking dish
- medium size pot
- 40 grams unflavored gelatin
- 200 grams cold water
- 1110 grams unwrapped jolly ranchers 3 , 13 ounce bags
- 100 grams powdered sugar for tossing marshmallows
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and spraying the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unwrap all of your jolly ranchers.
- Melt unwrapped jolly ranchers on low - medium heat in a medium sized pot.
- While the jolly ranchers are melting, bloom your gelatin.
- Bloom gelatin by whisking together 200 grams of cold water with 40 grams of unflavored gelatin in the mixing bowl of a 5 quart planetary mixer. Let it sit, undisturbed, until jolly ranchers are melted.
- Once jolly ranchers are melted, pour the syrup over the gelatin.
- Turn the mixer on low for 30 seconds to combine the syrup and gelatin.
- Increase the speed to high and let it mix for 10 minutes.
- Turn off mixer. Pour jolly rancher marshmallows into prepared pan.
- Place another piece of oiled parchment paper on top of the marshmallow, creating a seal.
- Let jolly rancher marshmallows sit for 12 hours undisturbed before cutting.
- After 12 hours, oil a sharp knife and cut marshmallows into desired size. 2" x 2" is recommended.
- Toss marshmallows in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: