Super simple and small batch these dark chocolate sea salt truffles recipe makes about 15 truffles. Perfect for a date night in, gifting to a friend or loved one, or keeping for yourself!
Ingredients - dark chocolate sea salt truffles
- Dark Chocolate.
- The percent dark is personal preference. I like to use around 60%. Using chocolate chips will make these a little tougher and not as creamy. My favorite chocolate to use is this Barry Callebaut 811 dark chocolate.
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
- Corn syrup keeps the ganache silky smooth and the texture perfect. Yes, you really do need it.
- Sea Salt
- Coarse sea salt gives these a pop of texture and color on the outside, and deepens the flavor intensity.
- Make ganache
- Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in a large microwave safe container. Heat it up for 70 seconds, and pour over the chocolate. DON'T START STIRRING FOR ONE WHOLE MINUTE. Let it do its thing. After a minute has passed, stir slowly. Don't be aggressive or your ganache will curdle and break apart.
- Refrigerate ganache
- Roll into balls
- I use a 1" cookie scoop.
- Refrigerate balls
- This step requires a little watching. You need to have the ganache firm enough to hold it's shape when you roll it in the nonpariels, but not so firm that it's already set up and none of the nonpariels stick to it.
- Dip in chocolate.
- Drizzle with chocolate, top with sea salt.
Storage and shelf life
These truffles have a shelf life of 2-3 weeks, stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Because of the chocolate shell coating, they should not be stored in the refrigerator.
Simple Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Truffles
- 200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 30 grams corn syrup
- 85 grams heavy cream
- 1 lb dark chocolate, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt, for topping
- Combine heavy cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 70 seconds.
- Pour over dark chocolate. Let sit undisturbed for 60 seconds.
- Stir slowly until ganache forms.
- Refrigerate until solid enough to scoop into balls, about 20 minutes.
- Dip balls into dark chocolate.
- Drizzle with additional dark chocolate and top with sea salt if desired.