These ginger molasses cookies are easily one of the best top five cookies I've ever made. The pumpkin mousse adds a subtle sweetness and another flavor level to the perfectly spiced cookie that already has notes of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
If you love quick and easy mousse desserts, try this peanut butter mousse!
To make these delicious and easy ginger cookies, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter, softened
- light brown sugar
- one egg
- vanilla bean paste
- all purpose flour
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- baking soda
- course white sugar
To make the pumpkin mousse, you'll need:
- ifi white chocolate mousse mix
- heavy cream
- canned pumpkin
- pumpkin spice
These chewy ginger molasses cookies are super simple to make! The butter and sugar are creamed together until light and fluffy. Then the egg, vanilla and molasses are added. Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl and add into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix! This will make your cookies flat.
Cream brown sugar and butter together.
Add in your egg, molasses, and vanilla bean paste.
Mix together flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until dough forms.
Divide dough into 11 equal balls. These are 60 grams each. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Roll in sugar and bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes.
Let cookies cool for 1-2 minutes and then lightly press down using a cup measurer.
Cool completely before piping pumpkin mousse into middle.
Hint: Let the cookies rest for 1-2 minutes before making your indent with a cup measurer. Use a medium amount of pressure - don't smash the cookie completely!
Store leftover cooled Ginger Molasses Cookies with pumpkin spice mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Freeze cookies in a single layer for up to 3 months.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Ginger Molasses cookies with Pumpkin Mousse
Ginger Molasses Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened 1.5 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tsp teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup ¼ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- ¾ cup ifi white chocolate mousse mix 120 grams
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1.5 cups heavy cream liquid measurement
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Bake Cookies - They require a 2 hour rest in fridge before baking in oven.
- Line cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Add butter and brown sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla and molasses and mix to combine.
- Combine flour, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two parts. Do not over mix the batter.
- Portion out 11 cookies and refrigerate for two hours.
- After two hours, pour ¼ cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl. Roll cookies in sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes, then make an indent in the cookie by pressing down a 1 cup measurer in the center. Cool completely.
Pumpkin Spice Mousse
- In a 5 quart mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and heavy cream. Mix on low until combined.
- Add in mousse mix. Mix for 1 minute on low.
- Mix on high for 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Place mousse in a piping bag with a 1M tip. Pipe mousse into the indent in the cooled ginger molasses cookie.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.