This easy peanut butter mousse is so silky smooth, light as a feather, and comes together in 30 minutes. It's packed full of peanut butter flavor and super easy to make. With only four ingredients, it's one of my favorite easy peanut butter recipes.
I loved putting the peanut butter mousse into chocolate cups because peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. My dark chocolate cups come from iFi provisions and they are fantastic! They turn the peanut butter mousse recipe into chocolate peanut butter mousse recipe in one bite.
Four ingredient peanut butter mousse
You are four ingredients and 30 minutes away from making the quickest, most delicious peanut butter dessert ever.
While you'll want the cream cheese and peanut butter to be at room temperature, the heavy cream should be cold so it whips easier.
- Peanut butter: right off the shelf, regular creamy peanut butter
- heavy cream: heavy whipping cream or standard
- powdered sugar: you do not need to sift prior to using
- cream cheese, softened: make sure you purchase the full fat kind and not the reduced fat
- chocolate cups (optional, but they really elevate this dessert!)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make easy peanut butter mousse
Start by whipping your heavy cream on high in your stand mixer until stiff peaks form, which takes around 2 minutes. Then set this aside in a new bowl. Next, combine your peanut butter and powdered sugar in your mixing bowl and mix on high until combined.
Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed.
Combine peanut butter and cream cheese.
Add in powdered sugar and whip until smooth. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Pipe into bowls or chocolate cups.
Hint: I like to use a 1M piping tip inside of the piping bag to give it the nice looking swirl. You can use any large icing tip with an end that is relatively open.
Substitutions for easy peanut butter mousse
- Almond butter - instead of peanut butter, almond butter (or other nut butter) will work well. Cashew butter mousse sounds fantastic!
- Cookie butter - you can make this nut free by using cookie butter in placed of peanut butter. Cookie butter mousse sounds incredible!
- Sunflower seed butter
- 5 quart planetary mixer with wire whisk
- piping bag
- 1M piping tip
Storage and shelf life of peanut butter mousse filling
- To store: The peanut butter mousse needs to be stored covered in the refrigerator. It will keep well for up to 2 weeks. If you pipe it into the chocolate cups, they can also be placed in the refrigerator filled with peanut butter mousse.
Peanut butter mousse for cake filling
This peanut butter mousse would be fantastic as a cake filling. It would also make a really nice whipped decoration on top of a cake. Because of the dairy ingredients, the time out of the fridge should be limited.
If you're having a get together, go for the chocolate cups. They really elevate this dessert and are a conversation piece. People will love popping one into their mouth and I guarantee they will take pictures and remember them.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Easy peanut butter mousse
- 268 grams creamy peanut butter 1 cup
- 120 grams powdered sugar 1 cup
- 200 grams heavy cream 1 fluid cup
- 226 grams cream cheese 1 cup
- 40 pieces chocolate cups
- Whip heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form, about two minutes.
- Place heavy cream in new bowl, set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Whip on high until combined.
- Turn mixer to low. Add in powdered sugar. Once all powdered sugar has been incorporated, turn mixer to high.
- Add in whipped cream. Mix on high until smooth and fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand and cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a piping bag with a 1M tip. After mousse has chilled, fill piping bag.
- Fill chocolate cups.
- Store in fridge until ready to consume.