This Valentine's Day mocha latte pour-over recipe makes six heart meltables. It's a beautiful, two toned chocolate piece perfect for gifting or making for yourself! This latte pour over uses ruby chocolate and dark chocolate.
To make the mocha latte, you'll pour 10-12 ounces of hot milk overtop of the chocolate heart and stir to combine.
If you love latte-pour overs, check out these gingerbread men lattes!
- Ruby chocolate
- Ruby chocolate is a variety of chocolate introduced in 2017 by Barry Callebaut, a Belgian–Swiss cocoa company.The chocolate is characterized by a taste that has been described as slightly sweet and sour, which is comparable to that of berries, as the chocolate's main characteristic is its acidity.
- instant dark roast coffee
- It must be instant, and must be dark roast. The darker the better. The confectionery coating adds a lot of sweetness to it and the dark roast balances it out. I use NesCafe and you can find it here on Amazon.
- Dark Chocolate
- This helps balance out the sweetness of the ruby chocolate and milk.
- microwaveable safe large bowl
- tablespoon measure
- food scale
- Heart shaped silicone mold
- *If this mold is sold out, a few other options are below
- heart shaped mold
- heart shaped mold
- You also may be able to find heart shaped silicone molds locally at hobby lobby or other craft stores.
Packaging & Labels
- 8x6 cello bags
- twist tie ribbons
- Avery 2x4 inch labels
- These are placed on the bag of the bag with instructions for how to make the latte.
- Instructions I use:
- 1. Add heart meltable to a coffee mug.
- 2. Pour 10-12 ounces of very hot milk over.
- 3. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
- Contains caffeine.
QUICK VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE
Valentine's Day mocha latte pour over
A melt-able heart made of ruby chocolate, dark chocolate, and coffee. Add in milk to make a latte.
- microwaveable glass bowl
- heart shaped silicone molds
- 6 ounces ruby chocolate
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 tablespoon instant dark roast coffee
- Melt your ruby chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, in the microwave until fluid. This should be 3-4 intervals. When you see a few unmelted pieces of chocolate left, continue stirring until fluid instead of melting them out in the microwave.
- Add in instant coffee to ruby chocolate.
- Blend until very well combined.
- Add 1 ounce of mix into each heart mold. This makes exactly six.
- Place each mold on a baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet on your counter top to evenly distribute mix. Do not spread with spatula in mold because it will leave weak spots in the heart.
- Melt your dark chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, in the microwave until fluid. This should be 3-4 intervals. When you see a few unmelted pieces of chocolate left, continue stirring until fluid instead of melting them out in the microwave.
- Add 1 ounce of dark chocolate directly on top of the ruby chocolate.
- Tap the baking sheet with the mold on it on your counter top to evenly distribute mix. Do not spread with spatula in mold because it will leave weak spots in the heart.
- Place molds in fridge until set, about ten minutes.
- Remove from molds and wrap.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!