Peanut butter cookies are one of my childhood favorites. Add in peanut butter peanut brittle? Oh my goodness.
My mom used to make peanut butter cookies with the criss-cross fork design on the top (please tell me you know what this is!). So when I made peanut butter peanut brittle, I knew I wanted to use it as an inclusion in peanut butter cookies.
Enter: Broma Bakery Best Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. While I absolutely love baking, I'm not one to make up my own recipes for it. I can formulate and create candy recipes all day, but baking science is just not my thing. I immediately knew I wanted to use the Broma Bakery recipe because every single thing I've made from the site has been out of this world, on another level. Her recipe has so many wonderful tips, make sure you read her post before making these!
Ingredients for peanut butter peanut brittle cookies
- Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
- Yes, you'll have to make this first. Don't worry, it's worth the effort.
- Salted cocktail peanuts amp up the crunch level and provide a much needed salty balance to the sweet cookie and sweet peanut brittle
- Both salted or unsalted can be used for this recipe
- Peanut Butter
- creamy works best! My go to is the Reese peanut butter brand
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
Tips for the inclusions
If you want to make sure you see lots of inclusions on the top of the cookies, place the PB brittle pieces and peanuts directly on top of the cookie dough. Use more than you think you'd need- it's okay if you don't see much of the dough underneath! You still want to add the amount indicated in recipe in the dough as well.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter peanut brittle
- ½ cup cocktail peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat the softened butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in inclusions, mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough out into 1 inch balls. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Place additional brittle pieces on top of dough if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 14 minutes or until the cookies are brown around edges. Allow to cool completely before eating!
Peanut Butter Peanut Brittle
- 100 grams water
- 700 grams sugar
- 230 grams creamy peanut butter
- 275 grams corn syrup
- 10 grams salt
- 28 grams baking powder
- 200 grams peanuts
- 5 grams vanilla
- Prepare a 12 X 17 sheet pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heavy duty, thick bottomed pot, combine water, sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, and salt.
- Cook over medium high heat until 286F. Syrup will be thick.
- Turn off heat. Add vanilla.
- Add baking powder. Mix in well enough to not have white pockets of baking soda but to not mix so heavily that you lose your air produced by the baking powder. You want to keep that air!
- Add peanuts immediately after mixing in baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Pour on greased sheet and spread lightly in pan.